The Canberra Aerodrome was first shown on Walter Burley Griffin’s final plan and blueprint, drawn in 1918 and published in 1922. It was operational for almost 3 years and located on Edward Shumack’s soldier settlement block. The southern boundary of the aerodrome was Majura Avenue.
The National Trust (ACT) and No. 3 Squadron RAAF Association have lodged a joint heritage nomination for the original Canberra Aerodrome remnants at Dickson, with strong support from Engineers Australia and the Canberra & District Historical Society – 15 June 2020.